Activate an optimized version of the page designed specifically for screen readers.
1. Please indicate your university affiliation.
2. Have you ever disclosed an invention?
3. Have you ever invented a technology while at the University of Pittsburgh that was commercialized or licensed?
4. Have you ever been involved in a spin-off company arising from technology that you invented?
5. Have you ever been involved in a company that licensed technology from the University?
How have the current patent policies and/or procedures aided or interfered inappropriately with activities described below? You may comment in any or all of the relevant box(es).
For your reference, the University's patent policy is available at: http://www.cfo.pitt.edu/policies/policy/11/11-02-01.html
A. Commercialization or licensing of your inventions
B. Efforts to attract commercial partners
C. Ability to reach an equitable agreement with the University about the ownership of technology
D. Ability to reach an equitable agreement regarding distribution of income
E. Ability to publish work related to an invention
F. Efforts by your students (undergraduate or graduate) to benefit as inventors
7. Please provide suggestions on how the patent policy should be changed. You may comment in any or all of the relevant box(es).
A. Ownership of inventions when university funds or significant use of facilities is involved
B. Ownership of inventions when no university funds or significant use of facilities are involved.
C. Distribution of income from licenses and royalties
D. How the University manages inventions, what happens when the University fails to successfully commercialize an invention, and how much time should be given for this process
E. Oversight of the Office of Technology Management, especially with regard to the reasonableness of their practices and their ability to resolve disputes
8. If you are interested in being contacted by a member of the committee for more discussion, you may provide your name and email address.
Powered by Qualtrics