Activate an optimized version of the page designed specifically for screen readers.
Outdated browsers can expose your computer to security risks. To ensure a secure experience, we recommend updating to the latest browser version. Support for this browser version will soon be discontinued.
School of Education
Dean Search Survey
The following survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete. It is one of many ways the Search Committee is seeking input from the University of Pittsburgh community. Your feedback will be very helpful to the Committee as it searches for the next Dean of the School of Education. Please be assured that your responses will be treated confidentially.
1. What is your primary relationship to Pitt?
Other--Please specify below:
2. Of the following OPPORTUNITIES for the next Dean of the School of Education, please pick the three that are most important to you.
Outlining a strategic vision
Continuing academic and research progress
Building relationships with faculty, staff, and students
Recruiting and retaining outstanding faculty members
Continuing fundraising to support the School of Education
Engaging with alumni
Providing support and resources for faculty
3. Of the following DESIRED TRAITS for the next Dean of the School of Education, please pick the three that are most important to you.
Aspires to constantly improve the School of Education
Ability to communicate with various constituencies
Strong academic credentials, including research and teaching
Collaborative style of leadership
Understands and values the cultures of the School of Education and the University of Pittsburgh
4. Of the following DESIRED EXPERIENCES for the Dean of the School of Education, please pick the three that are most important to you.
Experience leading an organization through a time of significant progress
Experience leading an organization through a time of significant challenge
Established record of fundraising
Fiscal and budgeting experience
Record of building, supporting, and leading a strong team
Leadership of successful strategic-planning efforts
Leadership in academia, business, or government
5. Do you have any additional comments or advice for the Search Committee?
6. Do you want to nominate a candidate--or candidates--for consideration as Dean of the School of Education? If so, please provide name(s) and current institution(s) below.
Powered by Qualtrics